Accepting Pumpkins Friday, September 30-October 9
The Pink Library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch, and we need your help! Students in all grades can decorate a pumpkin to look like a favorite storybook character and bring it to the library to “plant” in our Storybook Pumpkin Patch!
No REAL pumpkins will be accepted; please use a FAKE pumpkin (real pumpkins can quickly deteriorate and rot).
- Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite character.
- Fake pumpkins can be found at the Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Target, Michaels, and many other stores.
- Gather your decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Other options include adding materials such as yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
- Bring your pumpkin to the library starting Monday, September 30th
- Pumpkins are to be taken home at the end of school on Thursday, October 31st. If your child needs assistance getting it home please make arrangements.
- Participation is completely voluntary and this is NOT a contest.
- Have fun and be creative.
- Questions? Email Mrs. Rivas: RivasV@friscoisd.org